Default file extension

NCPlot questions or comments

Default file extension

Postby SD » Tue May 08, 2007 7:44 pm

Scott

Is there a way to make the default file extention as ALL files (*.*)
I always save my NC files with no extention, and it gets a little cumbersome having to explicitly click on the type during Save and Open.

Thanks
SD

Postby scottmartinez » Tue May 08, 2007 9:01 pm

Right now, the default extension cannot be set to "*" which is what you would want. But this is easy to change, I'll include this in the next update.

Thanks,
Scott
scottmartinez
Site Admin

Postby SD » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:10 am

Scott

Just installed the new V2.02 and wanted to ask you how can I make the default extention to be *.
Noticed in the list of new features it was something you've worked on, but can't seem to figure out if it needs to be set or is it something the program just remembers from the last time.
I have loaded a program by specifying *.*.
I then used save-as, unclicked .txt and saved as 123 .
I now went to load a new program, the standard .nc .dat etc etc file extentions became the default again.

Now.
If I just loaded a program, backplotted only and then loaded another, then all was fine as the *. did remain the default. It is only after using save that it changes back.

Am I missing something?
In any case, thank you for listening. I'm becomoing quite fond of the program and started to use it for stuff I didn't even intend to in the beginning.
SD

Postby scottmartinez » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:22 am

The default file types is set in the Machine Configuration on the 'Machine Type' tab. There is a text box where you enter the extensions seperated by a space, like this: "NC TXT CNC", etc. The order that they are entered is the same order they will appear in the "Save as type:" drop down list when you go to save a file. So, if you add the "*" to the beginning of the default extensions, it will always be the first option when you go to save a file: "* NC TXT CNC"

Thanks,
Scott
scottmartinez
Site Admin

Postby SD » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:02 pm

Scott

If I had a brain worth a damm, I'd of seen that.
Thank you, works like a charm.
SD

Return to Questions / Comments