Datums and what not.........

NCPlot questions or comments

Datums and what not.........

Postby RvA » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:11 pm

Hey Scott,

I was just thinking as I was entering a new program. Could you add a section to where we could input the raw starting stock dimensions and then draw them in the background as a visual reference? Or maybe even just a work offset datum line (chuck face) might be just as good. Running tools into a chuck is not a fun thing! :shock:

Best,

Roger
RvA

Postby scottmartinez » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:43 pm

Hi Roger,

The axis zero lines can be moved to represent your work zero position. This is under the menu "Draw" and the sub menu "Axis Lines" lets you pick which offset to show them as.

I have had requests to be able to import reference drawings. I like this idea and it's been on the list for awhile, I just haven't gotten to it yet. I may have to move it up the list.

Thanks,
Scott
scottmartinez
Site Admin

Postby RvA » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:32 am

hey Scott,

I knew about the workshit lines thanks, but this is what I was thinking..... add one line to show the chuck face.

RvA

Postby scottmartinez » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:46 pm

Roger,

If I added the ability to import a reference drawing, then it could represent whatever you wanted. It could be the machine travels, interference zones, the chuck face, fixtures or whatever. I think I'll want to add this to the machine configuration so that it 'sticks' to that particular machine. Because of course its to represent something on the machine.

Thanks,
Scott
scottmartinez
Site Admin

Return to Questions / Comments