Code Colorization needs improvement

NCPlot questions or comments

Code Colorization needs improvement

Postby titchener » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:52 pm

I like NCPlot and am considering purchasing it, but the one feature that I think needs serious improvement is the code "colorization".

Most "smart" editors these days (MS VC++, etc.) automatically colorize the code in a smart way without requiring a "refresh" of the colorization command when the code is changed. I think its important that this feature be added to NCPlot. The current colorization capability is confusing because after you've executed the Colorize command to "refresh" the colors, any new code added stays in the colors of the previous characters.

You should also be able to turn on a well chosen set of default colorization colors without having to select each one from the setup panel.

Thanks,

Paul T.
titchener

Postby scottmartinez » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:49 pm

Paul,

Thanks for the suggestions, I agree that the colorization needs improving. I like the idea of having default color schemes, this could be expanded to include the ability to save and recall your own schemes as well. Anyway, this is one of those things I'll be working on.

Thanks,
Scott
scottmartinez
Site Admin

Postby Burn&Dip » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:45 pm

Scott,

I like to set my editor up like older Fanuc controls green on black. Is there a way to save the font color?

BTW. This software ROCKS!!!

Thanks for your time,
Rex
Burn&Dip

Postby scottmartinez » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:33 am

Hi Rex,

Probably the best way to do this is to enable colorizing and then set all the colors the same. Right now, the font color setting does not get applied to the program when it is loaded, it only applies to newly typed characters.

Scott
scottmartinez
Site Admin

Return to Questions / Comments