Circle pocket.mac

Share and discuss macro programs here

Circle pocket.mac

Postby Clik! » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:21 am

Scott
I've been experimenting with nc plot - everything!
I'm now playing with the macros

I have either a lack of understanding or I have found a possible bug
(Note - I suspect the former), but even if it's me - it should not crash the program.

Try:
Tools/MacroTranslator / Circle Pocket.mac
Enter the values:
X = 25
Y = 25
Z Finish depth = -5
Approach Plane = 0 - - - Not quite sure what this is!
Tool diameter Offset No. = 3 ( I've assumed this is one half of the tool size in mm)
Radius = 25
Radial Step over 5 - - - Again not sure what this is - unless it is the amount the tool retracts at each pass
Z step = -1 - - - i.e. go down 1 mm every pass
Cutting Direction = 0
Feedrate = 25

This will crash the macro everytime, and freeze NCplot

What am i doing wrong?

Regards

Clik!
Clik!

Postby scottmartinez » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:12 pm

Clik,

The Z step setting should always be a positive number. So, in your example it should be 1 instead of -1.

But this brings up a good point. What's happening is that the macro begins to execute, but never gets finished. So what I really need is a way to be able to cancel the macro for cases like this. I'll take a look into this.

Thanks,
Scott
scottmartinez
Site Admin

Circlepocket.mac

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:08 pm

Scott,
Thanks for the reply - it is sincerely appreciated
Nevertheless to be of help I note that, if I change the Z step to a positive number, say 1,
I can now get the macro to run - in that it reaches the end of the macro and does not crash the program.
But, The Gcode generated is not routine that can be run

1.... In the G2 codes I expected to see either 'I' and 'J' coordinates or a radius - all I get is an 'I'.
2.... If I use the same data input as listed in my previous post, then in the Gcode generated towards the end of each step block,
...... I get a whole number specifically 50, not 50.000.
...... I did expect to see a whole number - as I'd set the radius to 25!.
...... But, the code does not run correctly at this point - it will if I add the decimal point and something after it
3.... The Z step is shown at the start of each block. NC plot does not appear to recognise this and plots the code in a single plane

Perhaps you could look at this at some point in the future, when time is less demanding, and the new release is out
As I've said I'm still playing and learning and I like what I see

Regards
Clik!

Postby scottmartinez » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:02 pm

Clik,

I am going to take a closer look at the macros before I release V2, so your input is appreciated. I should be able to take care of these issues before then.

Thanks,
Scott
scottmartinez
Site Admin

Return to Macros