DXF Problem

Ask for help with NCPlot problems here

DXF Problem

Postby dhorton » Thu May 10, 2007 3:47 pm

Scott,

I would like to commend you on a great program, it is saving me lots of time and steps! With that said first, I'm having a problem getting the Header and Footers on my layers to post to the g-code, I assume by the way that the help document reads that this is what it is supposed to do correct? All I get is the layer name in comments, nothing else. I have also added the same to the machine config and still no out-put. What am I doing wrong?
Donnie
dhorton

Postby scottmartinez » Thu May 10, 2007 7:06 pm

Donnie,

Not sure what's going on there. After you added the header and footer to the machine config, did you save it? If you do it this way, you should see the same header and footer for all loaded layers the next time you load a drawing. Does this work?

Scott
scottmartinez
Site Admin

Postby dhorton » Fri May 11, 2007 9:13 am

Hey Scott,

I did save the header and footer in the machine config. and it does show on all loaded layers. I still don't get out-put to the file.

Donnie
Donnie
dhorton

Postby scottmartinez » Fri May 11, 2007 5:33 pm

Donnie,

I still can't get this to *not* work. Can you email me the DXF file and give me a step by step description of what you are doing? Also include the DXF settings you are using including the header and footer.

Thanks,
Scott
scottmartinez
Site Admin

Postby scottmartinez » Mon May 14, 2007 5:31 pm

OK, for anybody who is having this problem:

The problem has been found. It's a bug in NCPlot that is causing the header and footer to not be output for lathe configurations only. This will be fixed for the next update.

Thanks,
Scott
scottmartinez
Site Admin

Return to Help