Menu blacking out

Ask for help with NCPlot problems here

Menu blacking out

Postby Chappyd » Thu May 14, 2009 1:14 pm

I just started having a problem with our NCplot program today. I use ncplot to load programs in our older cnc's. We've been using it for 4-6 months now, and about 2 months loading programs. This morining I went to use it and when it loaded, the menu's at the top of the page went black. The plot area and the progam text are ok, but I can't do anything with it because the menus won't work.

Has anyone else run into this?

I did uninstall and reinstall , and it worked ok one time, then the menu blacking out started again

Thanks,

Chappyd
Chappyd

Re: Menu blacking out

Postby scottmartinez » Thu May 14, 2009 7:31 pm

Hi Chappy,

I have not seen this problem before, so I can't really make any guesses as to what might be causing it. Since an uninstall/reinstall didn't seem to help I think the next step is to delete the registry entries associated with NCPlot. These settings do not get removed when you uninstall. So here's what I would like you to do:

You don't need to uninstall NCPlot for this. Click the "Start" button, click "Run" and then type in "regedit" and press 'enter'. This will open the registry editor.

The registry editor works like Windows Explorer, so browse to this setting:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\NCPlot v2.06 (or whatever version of NCPlot you are running)

In the folder view on the left, right-click on the "NCPlot v2.06" folder. On the menu that pops up, click "Delete" and confirm.

Close the registry editor, start up NCPlot and let me know if things are back to normal.

Thanks,
Scott
scottmartinez
Site Admin

Re: Menu blacking out

Postby Chappyd » Fri May 15, 2009 6:37 am

Thanks Scott. I uninstalled it again, and got a fresh download and now it seems fine. If it happens again, I will take the steps you recommend.
Chappyd

Return to Help