A few issues

Ask for help with NCPlot problems here

A few issues

Postby Chuck » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:13 pm

Scott

First off excellent program . I've searched for a long time for a program that would back plot a macro program.

I've been playing around with this program for a week or so & I have 3 very minor discrepencies.

1. If I specify IPR feed & start the spindle in the main program, when the subprogram specifies movement I get an error "Spindel RPM=0 while FPR is active". I went back & checked the spindle is already active when the subprogram is called.

2. Program flow on G71-G73 Roughing cycles. On a G70 cycle your program will branch to the specified line numbers & then return to execution below the G70 line, just like on the machine. However on the machines (Hardinge T42 with a Fanuc 18T Control), When I run a G71-G73 roughing cycle the the program flow falls out the bottom of the specified line numbers when it finishes, your plot has it returning to execute under the G71.

3. I'm having trouble getting the backplot to display viewport colors when I check color by tool, change at T code.

Like I said at the begining of this post. Excellent product, It will be invaluable for testing out macro programs. When I take my progs out to the machine now I know my math & movements are right.

Thanks for a saweeeet tool
Chuck

"Outside of a dog, a book is
mans best friend. Inside a dog
its too dark to read"
-Groucho Marx
Chuck

Postby scottmartinez » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:08 pm

Chuck,

First of all, thanks for the feedback!

I will have to check into your #1 issue, don't know what's happening there.

#2 shouldn't be tough to fix, I should be able to take care of this.

What kind of trouble are you having with your #3? Have you added colors to the color list?

Thanks,
Scott
scottmartinez
Site Admin

Postby Chuck » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:16 pm

Scott

Thanks for the quick response. After playing with the colors a little bit more I figured out what was hapening & it works fine. My program had more than the predifined no of colors & it was adding a new color(black) on the black background as necessary. After I added a few more tool colors everything was fine. If the program I'm working on would help, let me know & I'll email a copy.
Chuck

its too dark to read"
-Groucho Marx
Chuck

Postby scottmartinez » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:56 pm

Chuck,

The color setting for "Unspecified Tools" can help you out in a situation like that. This color setting is used for any motion that occurs before the first tool change and for any tools beyond the number of colors you have set. If you set this to something other than the background color, you can avoid having invisible graphics entities.

Thanks,
Scott
scottmartinez
Site Admin

Postby Chuck » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:06 pm

Scott

I've been playing around with your program some more & I figured out the issue I had with "Spindel RPM=0 while FPR is active". I was using an M13 to start the spindle & coolant together. Is there anywhere where I can configure the program so it will read an M13 as a M3?
Chuck

its too dark to read"
-Groucho Marx
Chuck

Postby scottmartinez » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:26 pm

Chuck,

There's no way to configure which M-Codes to use for the spindle. The warning message is only looking for the M3/M4 codes. Good catch though, I will add these for the next update.

Thanks,
Scott
scottmartinez
Site Admin

Return to Help